How to stop father for selling property which is Willed to me?
My dad is not interested in my family. He is living with another woman and is not divorcing my mom. We have a huge ancestral property which is not divided, and my grandmom wrote in her will that all the property should go to my grandson.
I am of legal age and I have given the will to be probated. My father is selling off all the assets very fast and I have a sister who is 18. Please sugest me what to do? I want to stop him from selling all the property and make him pay for all my problems.
As mentioned by you, since the process of probate of will is under process, you can file a suit for permanent injunction restraining your father from selling or alienating the property as you have, under the will acquired the right and title in the property.
However, since you have also stated that the property is ancestral, it has to been seen whether your grandmom could have executed the will in respect thereof or not.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Brother took loan on our house couldn't pay back
- My Australian husband has sent me divorce papers from Australia
- Son torturing me and claiming share in my property What can I do
- Fraud done by employee and now he is not returning money
- How to claim share in ancestral property sold by brother in law