quesHow to stop father for selling property which is Willed to me?

My dad is not interested in my family. He is living with another woman and is not divorcing my mom. We have a huge ancestral property which is not divided, and my grandmom wrote in her will that all the property should go to my grandson.


I am of legal age and I have given the will to be probated. My father is selling off all the assets very fast and I have a sister who is 18. Please sugest me what to do? I want to stop him from selling all the property and make him pay for all my problems.

  • ans

    As mentioned by you, since the process of probate of will is under process, you can file a suit for permanent injunction restraining your father from selling or alienating the property as you have, under the will acquired the right and title in the property.


    However, since you have also stated that the property is ancestral, it has to been seen whether your grandmom could have executed the will in respect thereof or not.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

We got married before 2 years.from starting they torture me mentally and physically for dowry.my…
What should a girl do.. If her husband deny to aceept her as a family…
Can I get a compromise decree done on my child's custody and visitation rights? I…
Sir, I want to know that, If a firm is between two partners that is…

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Adovcate B. Srikiran

 Experience: 6 years

Advocate Sadanand Naik

  Gandhi Nagar
 Experience: 12 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly