How to get my wife back to the matrimonal home for my in-laws house?
What legal steps can I follow to get my wife back who has been staying my in laws house for the past 1.5 years? We have been married for about 3 years now.
My wife had a miscarriage after which she underwent an operation for the same. My in laws stay in Agra where she decided to get the operation done.
We had disputes after which she decided not to come back. But we decided to give it another chance and came back to my house again. But the disputes couldn’t be dealt with and she left me again.
Now its been 1.5 years that she has been staying away from home. I don’t want to take a divorce. What should I do?
The option available to you is filing a petition for restitution of conjugal rights under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act.
Section 9 has been reproduced below for better understanding:
Restitution of conjugal rights- When either the husband or the wife has, without reasonable excuse, withdrawn from the society of the other, the aggrieved party may apply, by petition to the district court, for restitution of conjugal rights and the court, on being satisfied of the truth of the statements made in such petition and that there is no legal ground why the application should not be granted, may decree restitution of conjugal rights accordingly.
Explanation- Where a question arises whether there has been reasonable excuse for withdrawal from the society, the burden of proving reasonable excuse shall be on the person who has withdrawn from the society.
So as you have stated that your wife is not staying with you for more than a year now, you can file this petition and get the decree in your favor.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to close a case filed for theft
- Speed Post Article not delivered what action can i take.
- can i buy house from the sons of the owner if he is dead
- Case under 498A and 406.Can we avoid going to Crime Against Women cell
- Mother drawing pension changed bank branch till date no pension