How to divide deceased father's bank accounts?
We are three brothers.My father expired last year in january without any will.He has some savings in different accounts and 2-3 fix deposits.But all of them without any nomination.One of my brothers is not on friendly terms with us.He is not willing to join us to draw that money.We are in dire need of that money to clear our debts.What can we do in this situation?plz guide and bank says that all legal heirs sud b present to draw that money.Plz help.
There are 2 remedies.
1. You can file a partition suit in the concerned civil court.
2. All of the legal heirs should meet in front of an advocate to divide the property and father's accounts equally and make a written agreement regarding the same division.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- False dowry case against in laws what action can I take
- Can we send legal notice after 6 years of cause of action
- refusal to settle mutual divorce by wife
- Can landlord deny my security money if i don't have copy of agreement?
- Promotion, increment problem with companies. Where to complain?