queshow should i sell property which is in joint name

We have an ancestral property located at Bhiwadi where the tenants live and also one part of land is unused as there use to be our factory which is now closed. We want to sell that land as we are in need of money after our fathers demise, but my uncle (fathers brother) is not willing too sell as he is very rich. After my fathers demise, my mother's name along with mine and my brother's was added in 7/12 extract, but it also consist my uncles name as it is an ancestral property. Is there any way around through which we can sell it?

  • ansFile suit for partition of property by metes and bounds. Once the partition is done according to court orders you can sell your share in the property.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

My fiancee broke engagement with me because i had a picture with my brother in…
Meri wife ka apni marzi se alag rahne ke baad bhi aur mene 9a lagane…
Myself and my wife is having issues about her family intervening and asking for continuous…
I am forced separated from husband for 7 months now on basis of religion conversion…

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly