How should I get my wife to stay with me - her parents are threatening
We got married 3 months ago in an Arya Samaj mandir and then got the marriage registered in the court. Since our marriage, my wife has ben staying with her parents as they are not agreeing to the marriage and are also threatening that they will harm us if she stays with me.
What legal options do we have to safeguard our lives and marriage?
Assuming you are hindus,
You can file a petition under section 9 of the hindu marriage act which deals with restitution of conjugal rights.
Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955 has been explained below for your understanding:
Restitution of conjugal rights - When either the husband or the wife has, without reasonable excuse, withdrawn from the society of the other, the aggrieved party may apply, by petition to the district court, for restitution of conjugal rights and the court, on being satisfied of the truth of the statements made in such petition and that there is no legal ground why the application should not be granted, may decree restitution of conjugal rights accordingly.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Took loan from bank but missed one EMI now bank harassing
- Builder charging 24% interest on late payment
- Delay in police verification for appointment to govt job
- Parents not accepting marriage can I get divorce
- Uncle sold land without telling how to challenge the sale deed