How can me, my sister and mother get share in grandfather's property
Father is in the army. Torture since mother got married. Father never got any property division. Grandfather passed away without writing a Will. Now we do not get any share in the property. How can me, my sister and my mother get our share in our ancestral property?
Before advising you we need to get a bit more information as the information provided by you is very limited.
1. Who is currently in possession of the property?
2. For a property to be ancestral, it should have been passed on from your great grandfather to your grandfather and then to you father, is that the case?
Basically for getting share in ancestral property,
a case for partition of property can be filed in the concerned civil court.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can sale agreement be registered without giving power of attorney
- How to get compensation for losses from owner of building
- 6 story Illegal construction severely damaging our houses
- Whether electronic emails would be used as evidences or not?
- Termination by the employer during probation period.