quesFather is being mentally harassed by mother. What can he do?

I am asking questions for my father. My mother is giving pressure to him to leave home. Now his health condition is not good, so he cant do work. So he cant pay money monthly. He used to give money. So now she is not allowing him to come home and not giving food for him. she also giving no money for her medicine also. He is torchered every minute . Harassing him infront of all and torchering mentally by pointing us(children). What legally can do for his peaceful life?

  • ans

    If he is senior citizen then according to Senior Citizenship Act, he can file an application under Section 4 thereby seeking maintenance from his children.

    Further, he can file an application under Section 125 Crpc and seek maintenance from his working wife, if he is unwell and unable to earn. 

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Family lawyers in India

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate Vishal V Birajdar

  Andheri West
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Richaa Kapoor

  Delhi High Court
 Experience: 25 years

Advocate Karunasish Chakraborty

  Old Post office street
 Experience: 27 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly