quesFAther in law took wife to their home by force?

My father in law had forcefully taken my wife to his home. In case i bring back her and my 2 month old child back to my home by some way, can my father in law file or lodge any complaint against me? What can I do to get them back safely ?

  • ansYou can file an FIR for kidnapping against your father in law.
    You can file a case of restitution of conjugal rights seeking direction for bringing your child along with your wife.

    For speedy process, seek police help Your father in law cannot file a case against you if you have not done anything wrong. Asking your wife and child to come back to their home is no crime or offence under Indian law.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi I was wondering whether you could give some advice. My grandfather died over 40…
What I should to my wife put a fake 498a case. Give me some legal…

Hi, I lost my husband four months back, my in laws have sent legal notice…

Can I marry my mother's brother daughter??? We are in close relationship and want to…

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Ekta Mehta

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 8 years

Advocate S.K Prabhakar Shetty

  Vidhana Soudha
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly