FAther in law took wife to their home by force?
My father in law had forcefully taken my wife to his home. In case i bring back her and my 2 month old child back to my home by some way, can my father in law file or lodge any complaint against me? What can I do to get them back safely ?
You can file an FIR for kidnapping against your father in law.
You can file a case of restitution of conjugal rights seeking direction for bringing your child along with your wife.
For speedy process, seek police help Your father in law cannot file a case against you if you have not done anything wrong. Asking your wife and child to come back to their home is no crime or offence under Indian law.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Friend died in Accident on my bike after drunk driving
- Wife filed harassment case against me what can I do
- Can my parents disown me and then reinstate their Decision of it?
- Buying a property but dont have mutation can neighbors claim part
- A house on lease in Mysore