×

quesFather in law forcing husband to sell his share to sis.

My mother in law's property is divided by common roof and wall. The next door is his elder brother. This property was given to them by their father. Also she has written a will but it is one sided. The will states that my mother in law or his successors should get NOC for selling the property from his brother. His brother can buy the property for whatever rate it deems to be right for him also is stated in the will. The will also states that we can't demolish, gift, exchange without their permission. but they can do whatever they want with the property. Now his brother has transferred the property to his daughter. She is just offering us a very low rate with which we can’t get anything, but since my mother in law is no more, my husband and mother in law are the equal partners in the property. My husband doesn't want to sell the property but my father in law is pressurizing him to sell it to the daughter. Even she is dealing with her without my husband's knowledge. Is there any way we can stop this or can they do anything so that my husband doesn't get a share. In case is there any possibility that i can prevent the sale of property.

• ansOn death of your mother in law your father in law and husband have 50% share in property.Your father in law would need your husband consent to sell the property, in any case they can refuse to sell the property at rate below market price. If they are being offered low price they can refuse to sell the property. In case mother in law is adamant on sale of property your husband can buy out her share. Contact a local lawyer, your husband can move to court if he so desires to restrain his mother from disposing the property.