quesEqual right to sons and daughters

Ref: Hindu Succession Act 1956 Sub: Equal rights to Sons & Daughters. This is to bring to your kind notice that my father expired on 1.5.1992 & my mother expired on 26.9.1999. We are together totally 5 brothers & Sisters. 1. Sister 2. Brother 3. Sister ( Expired in 2012 Husband & 2 Son??s Living) 4. Myself 5. Sister (Expired unmarried). 2 Sisters were married before 1980. Please be kind enough to explain me as to the Devolution of interest of property between the remaining 4 of us.

• ansI presume it was a self acquired property of father. On your parent's death each legal heir would have 1/5th share in property. The 1/5th share of the sister who died in 2012 would go to her husband and 2 children.