Equal right to sons and daughters
Ref: Hindu Succession Act 1956 Sub: Equal rights to Sons & Daughters. This is to bring to your kind notice that my father expired on 1.5.1992 & my mother expired on 26.9.1999. We are together totally 5 brothers & Sisters. 1. Sister 2. Brother 3. Sister ( Expired in 2012 Husband & 2 Sonâ€™s Living) 4. Myself 5. Sister (Expired unmarried). 2 Sisters were married before 1980. Please be kind enough to explain me as to the Devolution of interest of property between the remaining 4 of us.
I presume it was a self acquired property of father. On your parent's death each legal heir would have 1/5th share in property. The 1/5th share of the sister who died in 2012 would go to her husband and 2 children.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Harrassed by husband and his family members
- Husband married someone else without giving divorce what to do.
- Father not allowing girl to marry me
- Builder not refunding money on cancellation what can I do
- Filed for mutual divorce but wife not appearing in court now