quesEntering my father's place

I am the only son of My father who died after prolonged illness in July 2013. I used to stay outside due to work, but father confessed me that my mother & sister had tried to make a will / gift deed before a year & that I had recorded on my mobile. My father was paralyzed & was not able to sign for several years. Now the duo are not allowing me to enter the house & didn't allow me to do his last rites under Hindu law. They even didn't inform me after my father's death. Now my question is - How can I enter into the house? I have made a GD already in police, they said that there is an way to get court order to get entry with the help of police instantly. How to obtain the court order? Is it issued instantly?

  • ansIssue legal notice to your mother and sister that after your father death you have 1/3rd share in property . stating that inspite of being aware that you are 1/3rd owner you are not being permitted to enter the house . file suit for partition. Pending hearing and final disposal of suit you can request the court that you may be permitted to reside in said house. In case your mother /sister rely upon the alleged will made by your father they will have to apply for probate . both suits will be clubbed together. Amicable settlement with your family members is best option . try to take help of some elders in family.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am Hindu married women .want to get maintance for myself and my children.My husband…

We both belongs to same caste (Maratha), her mother and my mother are cousin sister's.…

Hello sir, i am married daughter, was married in 2015, have filed divorce in mutual…
Dear Sir, My Father is expired my father are still alive Can i proceed for…

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly