Do i have share in my father's part of Hindu Undivided property?
My father is the karta of my deceased grandfather's HUF. My grandmother is still alive and my father also has a sister who is married.I have an older brother. HUF : ancestral property which gives rental income I have 2 questions: 1. What % is my claim? 2. Can I claim arears of all the expenses that have been done by my family in India on themselves over the last 12 years that I have not been staying in my house? 3. Can I ask to look at bank statements of HUF? 4. In event of partition now, do I also have share in my father’s partOF HUF in future or can he will it to my older brother?
For better understanding please mention in detail about your family members. It is not clear from the facts that your father is still alive or not. After getting the correct description of number of member in your family. So far as query related bak statement , you are always at liberty to go through the accounts .
if your father is alive then you will not get any part of his share but your father is not alive then you are having a right in your father's share.
Advocate Sameer Kumar ShrivastavaLashkar, Gwalior
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to divorce my husband under muslim law?
- Flat was to delivered in 2013 but now giving in 2015 how to get refund
- What action can I take if landlord is refusing to give rent receipts?
- Does daughters have right over the grandfather's property?
- what is the court fees in cheque bounce matter