Daughter harassed by her husband and in-laws. What options available?
Daughter married last yr.her husband drinks and harass her regularly.her inlaws also support their son. she is wth us since 4 months.now her husband threates her to come otherwise he will divorce. Also he sent dirty msges Please.advice what to do.Mediation in lokadalat,appln for restitution or FIR with police Please.advice.
According to your statement, your daughter is not safe at husband's place. So we suggest that you should, firstly lodge a FIR at the nearest police station under section 498 A, and thereafter file a case under Domestic Violence Act.
Assuming you are Hindus,
If your daughter wants to stay with him then you can file an petition under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act.
If she desires divorce then she can file divorce petition under Section 13(1) of the Hindu Marriage Act and seek divorce on the grounds of cruelty
If the behavior of your daughters husband and in-laws is very rude towards her and if she thinks that she can't manage and not comfortable in living with her husband and in-laws then all the options are open for her she can file a police complaint against her husband and her-in-laws. and if she choose to file a police complaint they themselves will refer your case to mediation center. your daughter can also file a case under domestic violence act and can also demand maintenance.
Advocate Ankur AggarwalUday Park, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Took loan for car which got stolen informed them they sent notice
- How to get birth certificate from municipal corporation
- cancellation of new house after registration what penalty can be there
- My sisters asking a part in property
- issuance of another OBC certificate