can my stepmom give my father's property to her sons
I have a stepmother and my father wants to divide the property between my stepmother and me. She has two children from her earlier husband, who expired. Luckily, my father and stepmom don't have kids of their own. Now, my query is, will she be able to give her share to her two sons, as it is the property is ancestral to my family.
If the property is self acquired by your father and he makes a will in favour of your mother then she becomes absolute owner of that and can give to any body she likes, on the other hand if the property is ancestral then your right in that property also stands based on laws of heredity.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Tax efficient process to transmit undivided property share on demise
- Tenant ordered by court to vacate the premises how to remove him
- Regarding purchase of plot in bank auction
- Procedure to marry in arya samaj marriage
- Cheque bounce case in a finance company.