quesCan I take legal action against my mother in law for doing black magic

Can we complain against someone who does black magic? My mother in law is doing black magic and I am falling ill. I find some suspicious things in my room and don't know how it is happening. I have heard that there is an anti superstition law in Maharashtra but I am in Delhi. How can I get legal relief in such a situation?

  • ans

    Dear Ma'am,

    Assuming that both you and your mother in law reside in Delhi, the cause of action arises in Delhi. There is no such law in Delhi which prohibits the practise of black magic. 

    The Maharashtra Prevention and Eradication of Human Sacrifice and other Inhuman, Evil and Aghori Practices and Black Magic Act, 2013 is a criminal law act for the state oMaharashtra, which criminalises practices related to black magichuman sacrifices, use of magic remedies to cure ailments and other such acts which exploit people's superstitions.

    However this Act is applicable only in Maharashtra and not in Delhi. Therefore you can not file a complaint under the aforesaid act. 

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

My father left my mother & 2 children & my grandfather house and never came…

Hello, This is regarding my family issues. My father is businessman and I have 2…

11yr back my marriage done.that time am just 18 and my husband was19.my name also…
Dear , my daughter had an love affair( not sexually ) with 3 persons in…

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Adovcate B. Srikiran

 Experience: 6 years

Advocate Sadanand Naik

  Gandhi Nagar
 Experience: 12 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly