Can i take legal action against mother for threatening?
I am an adult male living with my family in a government provided quarter allotted to my mother. Until recently, my mother threatened me of eviction and verbally abused after a dispute over a small matter. I would to like to know whether it is an offense to threaten eviction of a family member or verbally abuse them and threaten to physically hurt them or not. Can I file an FIR or register a case diary against this, and if so, under what laws, provisions and/or articles? Can another family member's witness be taken into account for the purposes of examining? Also, is a written deposition of witness by neighbors acceptable?
No one can stop you for making a complaint in police station. But being an adult you do not have maintenance and residence right.
Legally speaking, you can live in the quarter only as long as your mother desires to allow you to live therein. It is true that you can register a FIR for abusing and threatening you, but it is equally true that if you register a police complaint against him then he may remove you from the quarter.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Husband does not pay income tax and i have no proof of his income
- Not getting permission from nagarpalika for building construction
- Father passed away 22 years back can society stop transfer of flat?
- How to execute the will left by father
- Property Legal heirs clarification