×

quesCan i marry my aunt's sister in law according to hindu law

Iam Hindu.iam in love with my mother's sister's husband's sister.we both want to marry.is it possible to marry her.

• ansHi
    Your Mother' Sister's Husband's Sister will NOT come under degree's of prohibited relationship.

Your mother and your mother's sister's husband's sister are not from the same lineal descendants and hence do not come under degree of prohibited relationship

Degrees of prohibited relationship”— two persons are said to be within the “degrees of prohibited relationship”—
    (i) if one is a lineal ascendant of the other; or
    (ii) if one was the wife or husband of a lineal ascendant or descendant of the other; or
    (iii) if one was the wife of the brother or of the father's or mother's brother or of the grandfather's or grandmother's brother of the other; or
    (iv) if the two are brother and sister, uncle and niece, aunt and nephew, or children of brother and sister or of two brothers or of two sisters;
    Hope this helps

Advocate Rajagopalan

• ansAccording to Hindu law . As per sapinda relationship your marriage is not valid. Henceforth your marriage will be void as generation gap must be 3 stages from mother side & 5 stages from father side.

Last option better convert to another religion and marry under special marriage act

Advocate Abhishek Thommandru

Kancharapalem, Visakhapatnam

• ansIt is possible to marry her as the relationship is not prohibited by law under Hindu Marriage Act. However, consult your elders to see if such marriage is sanctioned by usage or custom governing both parties in your culture.

Adovcate B. Srikiran

Malkajgiri, Hyderabad