quesCan i marry my aunt's sister in law according to hindu law

Iam Hindu.iam in love with my mother's sister's husband's sister.we both want to marry.is it possible to marry her.

  • ansHi
    Your Mother' Sister's Husband's Sister will NOT come under degree's of prohibited relationship.

    Your mother and your mother's sister's husband's sister are not from the same lineal descendants and hence do not come under degree of prohibited relationship

    Degrees of prohibited relationship”— two persons are said to be within the “degrees of prohibited relationship”—
    (i) if one is a lineal ascendant of the other; or
    (ii) if one was the wife or husband of a lineal ascendant or descendant of the other; or
    (iii) if one was the wife of the brother or of the father's or mother's brother or of the grandfather's or grandmother's brother of the other; or
    (iv) if the two are brother and sister, uncle and niece, aunt and nephew, or children of brother and sister or of two brothers or of two sisters;
    Hope this helps

    Advocate Rajagopalan

      Banjara Hills, Hyderabad

  • ansAccording to Hindu law . As per sapinda relationship your marriage is not valid. Henceforth your marriage will be void as generation gap must be 3 stages from mother side & 5 stages from father side.

    Last option better convert to another religion and marry under special marriage act

    Advocate Abhishek Thommandru

      Kancharapalem, Visakhapatnam

  • ansIt is possible to marry her as the relationship is not prohibited by law under Hindu Marriage Act. However, consult your elders to see if such marriage is sanctioned by usage or custom governing both parties in your culture.

    Adovcate B. Srikiran

      Malkajgiri, Hyderabad

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

We are in relationships since 4 years we came out of home just I reached…

I am 70 years old widow and has two sons 50 yr and 45 yr…

I am a married parsi woman. My unmarried uncle (say Mr. X) made a will…

I am from Singapore and my father unfortunately passed away in his relative house in India.…

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Adovcate B. Srikiran

 Experience: 6 years

Advocate Sadanand Naik

  Gandhi Nagar
 Experience: 12 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly