Can father's property be attached for recovery of gold of my wife?
My father has 2 sons, me being the elder one. He started harassing my wife and me, just after my marriage. He took all my wifeâ€™s gold and stated that he will not give me anything. If I file a complaint that my father took all my wifeâ€™s gold and now heâ€™s not giving it back, will his property be attached and will I get at least the property for the gold which is taken by him?
Your spouse can file a case against Domestic Violence Act against your father and she can also file a case under 498 IPC. Your spouse has the right over her stree dhan but she cannot claim anything out of the self acquired property of your father. Your father can will it to anybody at his pleasure and discretion. Kindly clarify whether the property is ancestral or your father’s self acquired property for us to assist you better.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Received email from unknown email Id containing abusive language
- Can gifted property be transferred through gift deed again ?
- How to procure lost sale deed
- Father's gifted property dispute between first & second wife children
- Leave for contractual workers in central govt. office