Brother in law torturing us for property
My Brother-in-law working is a drink addict. My sister warned him many times but he doesn't listen. My father once told me to give him a house as a gift. We don't want to give him the property but he is torturing us now. Please suggest us what we have to do now.. please help me.
Your sister can file for divorce if her husband dosen't take care of her. Your sister can claim maintenance and other reliefs in the divorce petition. Don't make the mistake of gifting the property to her husband. He would sell the same to meet his needs.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can mother's sister claim mother's self acquired property
- Can my sister ask for the share in my Fathers Self Acquired property?
- What is procedure for quashing of FIR when compromise is done?
- Not allowed to speak to my child.
- Can we sell land if a person is claiming to be its ancestral property