quesApart from marriage certificate which other document is legally valid

Apart from marriage certificate issued by register of marriages, which other document is legally recognized for marriage by govt of India This alternates is valid outside India?

  • ansyou can endorse the name of your spouse on your passport and vice versa and this shall be your legally recognized document of marriage. what is the purpose of obtaining such legally recognized document, based on which we can fine tune our reply.

    Advocate Mazher Khan

      Chirag Ali lane, ABIDS, Hyderabad

  • ansHi
    A marriage certificate is the only recognized document.
    if the marriage was conducted before year 2000, then wedding photo's, passport or aadhar or ration card is also a sufficient proof.
    if the parties submit an affidavit that they are married , then this is also sufficient proof of marriage.

    Advocate Rajagopalan

      Banjara Hills, Hyderabad

  • ansSir,
    Mostly Religious marriage ceremony is considered as a legal marriage in India, now registration of marriage is a legal requisite, mostly for visa and immigration purposes a marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriages is compulsory.

    In recent times, the Supreme Court of India gave directions to frame laws to make the registration of marriages obligatory.

    Advocate Krishna Murthy Pasupula

      Hasmathpet Bowenpally, Hyderabad

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

We are 2 brothers & 2 sisters, father & mother. We are muslims. We have…
My boyfriend and his family used me financially for their benefits and in their times…
Sir. There is a big problem about my love life. Would you people please help…

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly