×

quesApart from marriage certificate which other document is legally valid

Apart from marriage certificate issued by register of marriages, which other document is legally recognized for marriage by govt of India This alternates is valid outside India?

• ansyou can endorse the name of your spouse on your passport and vice versa and this shall be your legally recognized document of marriage. what is the purpose of obtaining such legally recognized document, based on which we can fine tune our reply.

Advocate Mazher Khan

Chirag Ali lane, ABIDS, Hyderabad

• ansHi
    A marriage certificate is the only recognized document.
    if the marriage was conducted before year 2000, then wedding photo's, passport or aadhar or ration card is also a sufficient proof.
    if the parties submit an affidavit that they are married , then this is also sufficient proof of marriage.

Advocate Rajagopalan

• ansSir,
    Mostly Religious marriage ceremony is considered as a legal marriage in India, now registration of marriage is a legal requisite, mostly for visa and immigration purposes a marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriages is compulsory.

In recent times, the Supreme Court of India gave directions to frame laws to make the registration of marriages obligatory.

Advocate Krishna Murthy Pasupula

Hasmathpet Bowenpally, Hyderabad