Apart from marriage certificate which other document is legally valid
Apart from marriage certificate issued by register of marriages, which other document is legally recognized for marriage by govt of India This alternates is valid outside India?
you can endorse the name of your spouse on your passport and vice versa and this shall be your legally recognized document of marriage. what is the purpose of obtaining such legally recognized document, based on which we can fine tune our reply.
Advocate Mazher KhanGhasi Bazar, Hyderabad
A marriage certificate is the only recognized document.
if the marriage was conducted before year 2000, then wedding photo's, passport or aadhar or ration card is also a sufficient proof.
if the parties submit an affidavit that they are married , then this is also sufficient proof of marriage.
Advocate RajagopalanBanjara Hills, Hyderabad
Mostly Religious marriage ceremony is considered as a legal marriage in India, now registration of marriage is a legal requisite, mostly for visa and immigration purposes a marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriages is compulsory.
In recent times, the Supreme Court of India gave directions to frame laws to make the registration of marriages obligatory.
Advocate Krishna Murthy PasupulaHasmathpet Bowenpally, Hyderabad
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Owner got into rental agreement without disclosing pending case fact
- Criminal case lodged and suspension given how to revoke suspension
- Can stay order be tale on consumer court order in high Court
- What to do if Nagar Palika not following court orders
- Some people threatening our workers & client what action possible