Any right in husband property bought before marriage?
I have been married for past 8 years and my husband has brought a house before marriage, and my husbands brother and family is staying in that house from past 12 years, but now if i intervene regarding this matter, my in laws say that this house was purchased by husband before i came into his life, so i don't have any right to talk on this matter, but still we pay the EMI for this house and we don't take any rent. Is it right that i cannot say a word in this matter just because this was taken before our marriage?
If the house was purchased by your husband and he is still paying EMI's then being his wife you have right to reside and enjoy along with your husband.
Even you can inherit it if no Will is made by your husband. So far taking rent from your husband's brother is concerned the same can be decided mutually.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Constructed 2 floor building how to legally transfer 1 floor to inlaws
- Delayed Possession by builder - what can i do to get relief
- Property gift from a donor. Now can i sell that flat that was gifted?
- Racism by college registrar what can be done
- What legal action can i take if Amazon.com has closed my account.