am i supposed to pay rent unpaid by my father
My family stays in a rented house, rent of the house is 7.5 thousand. My father agreed to transfer house rent every month to owner account , from last 1 year he did not transfer rent amount and owner did not check it. Now owner came to know that my father did not pay the rent, he is demanding amount in single pay. My father is a pensioner he gets 17.5k per month as pension, i am jobless and my brother recently got job and my mother is housewife. My father owns a land of 2.5 acre value app: 1 lac, my question is what will happen if owner proceeds legally to get back his rent. Am i suppose to pay rent as i stayed along with my father as well?
On account of non-payment of rent the owner will proceed to remove your father from the premises. To this end he will first issue a legal notice to your father and follow it up by filing a case for evicting him from the premises. You are not liable to pay the rent as you have not taken the premises on rent and were just staying as a dependent with your father.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What are the laws for living relationships
- Still don't have possession of the flat but received electricity bill
- Property transferred and registered in my name can anyone object
- Can it harm my case if i am in live in relation during divorce case?
- Can married daughter claim share in father's property