quesWitness a document with a wrong name

A person asked me to witness one of the documents in some other name apart from my original name. Please explain me the legality.

  • ansYou can act as attesting witness if you are signing in your original name . Nowadays for attestation purposes you need your PAN card details and photo are affixed on registered documents. Don't act as a witness in some other name .

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

I exchanged a 100 cc scooter (TVS 1999 model) in 2009 at a bike dealer.…

Sir I applied to hcfs immigration company for Cyprus study visa in the month of…
i have submitted my marks card to a engineering college. but i left college in…

I am marring a girl who is US a citizen and I am Indian citizen,…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Anuj Aggarwal

  Model Town, Phase 3
 Experience: 13 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Srishti Saxena

  Guru Apartments, Dwarka
 Experience: 6 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly