Wish to do inter caste marriage. What's the method for court marriage?
I wish to marry a girl who belongs to a different caste. Her parents are harassing her and trying to get her married with another boy.
What is the procedure for court marriage? How can I save myself if her parents file an FIR against me?
Assuming you are Hindus,
It is better to marry with parents consent. You have not mentioned what is the girl age. Prohibition of Child Marriage Act states that a girl in India can't marry before the age of 18, and a boy before 21.
The parties have to file a Notice of Intended Marriage in the specified form to the Marriage Registrar of the district in which at least one of the parties to the marriage has resided for a period of not less than 30 days immediately preceding the date on which such notice is given.
The notice is then published/put-up by the Registrar of Marriage inviting objections, if any.
After the expiration of 30 days from the date on which notice of intended marriage has been published, the marriage may be solemnized unless it has been objected by any person.
The marriage may be solemnized at the specified Marriage Office.
Both parties along with three witnesses are required to be present on the date of registration/Solemnization.
In case you feel threatened for your security, then give a representation to the local SHO and SP for protection. Register a report if need be. In case you still don't get any recourse, then you may approach the High Court with an appropriate application for protection.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Jurisdiction of consumer courts
- Can younger brother claim share in property purchased by elder brother
- Not receiving service which was offered
- want to repair my property but not being allowed
- Threat due to Pregnancy by Consensual sex with my son any problem