Will wrong interpreted by estate officer.
My husband in will written in 1st paragraph that after my death my entire property movable and non movable after my death will go to my wife and nothing is to be given to my daughters and she will be absolute owner of my built up house in chandigarh after my death. but in last paragraph he had written that what ever left after death of my wife will be equally divided among my daughters. now after death of my husband i applied for transfer of property in my name and state office of chd transfer the same but with life time interest.I approach them that why they have transfer with LIFE TIME INTEREST but they said we have done the right thing.now I wanted to sell the same but i can not.Please tell me the fast remedy or should i go to court for interpretation of will.
The will of your husband appears to be badly drafted, as per the first para of will you are absolute owner of house at chandigarh and your daughters would have no share in the property. Last para of the will has sown seeds of confusion. It mentions that on your demise property would devolve on your daughters, mutation of property has been done in your name with life time interest and you are unable to dispose the house. The last will of your husband needs to be seen to advise. You can file application for probate of will.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Grand mother gifted property to aunt can we challenge the same
- How to obtain PF from company and get settlement of pending dues
- How can property be acquired without obtaining legal heir certificate
- Met with an accident police want to impound the car what can I do
- Husband is asking to leave the house and this is my second marriage