will i be the owner of the property if i register it in name of my mom
i m buying a property in the name of my mother. i will get it registered in my mothers name. so that no family member can claim their right on this property. i will be paying the EMI of the property. will i have any right on the property? how can i be the owner of the property?
If you purchase a property in your mom's name then it will be considered as her absolute property. Ownership of the property will be considered based on the registered document. So you will become a owner of the property only if the Sale Deed is registered in your name. But in future, on payment of all the EMIs, you can insist your mother to execute a Gift Deed in your favour.
Advocate Jagadish NAdugodi, Bangalore
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can the retirement increment be claimed after death
- Old Agreement status if new agreement is signed
- Procedure for partnership firm dissolution
- Is hiring escorts without involvement of third party legal in India
- Rights of accused against evidence given by an approver