Whose name to use on document?
My first wife deceased when my son was of 4 months now he is of 7 years. I got married living & together with son. Now many times i gets confused while filing a forms of school and many other places for my son. Question is which name to be used whether biological mother or his step mothers name as a mother. As Birth certificate bears his biological mothers name. please guide me legally which is correct way to use to avoid future complication/disputes.
His mother will always be the biological mother and you will have to write his deceased mother's name in all forms, stating her name as Late.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wife threatening to file divorce what are my rights
- Resignation accepted, now relieving letter not provided. What action?
- Does family compromise decree need to be registered
- What to do in case of cheque bounce
- Fathers name update and surname addition in Goverment ID documents