What is the procedure to obtain death certificate?
How can i obtain death certificate for my relative? What is the procedure to obtain the death certificate? How much time will it take?
To apply for a Death Certificate, you must first register the death. The death has to be registered with the concerned local authorities within 21 days of its occurrence, by filling up the form prescribed by the Registrar. Death Certificate is then issued after proper verification.
If a death is not registered within 21 days of its occurrence, permission from the Registrar/Area Magistrate, along with the fee prescribed in case of late registration, is required.
The application form in which you are required to apply is usually available with the area's local body authorities, or with the Registrar who maintains the Register of Deaths.
You might also need to submit proof of birth of the deceased, an affidavit specifying the date and time of death, a copy of the ration card, and the required fee in the form of court fee stamps.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Brother filed false criminal case against me he is liable to pay money
- People living in our apartment creating nuisance
- Bought land. Another person took my land by force. What to do?
- Facts hidden in land deal what action can I take
- If Child is 5 years old who gets the custody after divorce ?