What is the procedure to get death certificate?
My father passed away while on a business trip to Bangalore but was originally from Delhi (was living and working in Delhi). He was subsequently cremated in Delhi. Which Municipal Corporation (MC) will issue the death certificate?
The registrar of births and deaths in Delhi will issue the death certificate in view of the fact that your father was a resident of Delhi and was cremated in Delhi.
Obtain the cremation certificate from the crematorium and then apply for the birth certificate with the BMC.
To apply for a Death Certificate, you must first register the death. The death has to be registered with the concerned local authorities within 21 days of its occurrence, by filling up the form prescribed by the Registrar. Death Certificate is then issued after proper verification. If a death is not registered within 21 days of its occurrence, permission from the Registrar/Area Magistrate, along with the fee prescribed in case of late registration, is required.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Authorised Mobile Service Centre closed and case pending in consumer
- re issuance of passport
- How to claim share in Joint property located in an unauthorized colony
- How can i get share in my father's self acquired property after death?
- Should I not reply to the divorce summons is this correct for exparte