quesWhat is the procedure to change name legally?

I want to change my name. What would we the procedure to change the name?

  • ansYou make an advertisement in one local and one national Newspaper regarding change in name and then apply to Govt Department of Publication to publish the same in the official gazette.
    You will also get a copy of the publication of the the notice in the gazette.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

sir. I am from telangana. I want to change my cast in ssc certificate, when…

My sister Expired on Dec 2016 with leukemia.Her Group Employee insurer is asking for succession…
I  want to get married legally in Mumbai. My self and the bride are from…
sir my question A widow woman get job on the basis of compensation and after…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Richa Relhan

  Commonwealth Games Village
 Experience: 5 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Anuj Aggarwal

  Model Town, Phase 3
 Experience: 13 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly