What is the procedure to add a surname to my existing name?
Hi I want to add 'Khanna' after my name i.e. I want my name to be XYZ Singh Khanna. For this, please let me know all the formalities. Also, please tell me if there can be any hassles in doing so, as my degrees and certificates carry the name- XYZ Singh.
Do you have any specific reason to add Khanna?
If you do not belong to this caste then it is suggested that you should not do the same.
However in case you belong, then you will have to give an affidavit stating the reason . Thereafter give the publication in two newspaper in english and Hindi.Furthermore, you visit your local Government Press or the department that mobilizes Gazette notification.Get 2 copies of “Deed Changing Surname Form”. (Fill this form carefully as per the instructions provided therein).You need to send the following documents to the Secretary,
Department of Commerce & Transport (Commerce), _________________ (State)
The complication is that in your 12 or 10th marksheet you cannot change the surname and while filing a GOVT application form for job, you might have problems. Rest based on the Gazette notification the name on your id proof, passport can be changed.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to get land registered?
- terminated from services due to verification issue what to do?
- Can i work in a clients company immediately after relieving
- Wife left home in 1996 can I file divorce case
- How can I convert a leasehold property to freehold property?