What is the procedure for name transfer of car which i sold?
Sold my car but hasn’t been transferred as yet. If my car is involved in any illegal activity, will I be liable for it?
What is the procedure to transfer the car?
We would suggest you to transfer the car in the buyer’s name so avoid any kind of liability.
RTO Form Number 29, 30 are considered Sale Transfer Forms.
This needs to be signed by both Seller and Buyer with 2 Copies required.
Send a letter to RTO where your car was registered informing them that you have sold the car and handed over original papers of car to purchaser.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Brother staying with wife in africa. Can he file for divorce in Africa
- Transfer of business without paying agreed amount
- Process to file patent for intellectual property
- Need more time to pay off my loans how can I apply for it?
- Lawyer cheated me can I take action against him