What is procedure for name change?
What is the procedure for name change? How can i change my name now? I am above 18 years now.
You need to advertise change of name in one of the daily local leading newspaper stating therein father’s/Husband’s name along with residential address. Most of NEWSPAPER advertising agencies have standard format with them.
You need an affidavit duly attested by first class Magistrate/Notary/Oath Commissioner showing therein full details of father’s/husband’s name along with residential address before taking oath in the affidavit
In case of individuals working with Central Govt. they may submit deed for change of name in accordance with the Ministry of Home Affairs O.M. No. - 190016/1/87-Estt. Dated 12.03.1987. In case of Indians, living abroad, he/she will submit deed duly attested by the respective Indian Embassy/Indian High Commission, in original to this Department.
You need to write your personal details (old name, new name, Father’s name, permanent address and the name of your employer on a blank sheet of paper). Which must be signed by you in presence of two witnesses and witnesses also need to sign on the same paper.
After completing aforesaid formalities you need to send all these documents to “Controller of Publication, Department of Publication, of your State or you can visit the department in person. Here is the list of documents which you need to send, the original advertisement published in the newspaper, original declaration statement, attested affidavit and 2 passport size photographs & the Printing fee of gazette.
Within a month you will get the official copy of Gazette which will be proof of your new identity. Note: The documents submitted in Department will not be returned in any circumstances, neither original nor Xerox copy.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Is it possible to take stay order in false allegation
- Ice factory in residential area.
- can individual workman raise a dispute in absence of a trade union
- Legal risk of renting to a single party for long term (10 years)
- Want to resign my company can employer take any action against me