what is a contract marriage?
Can you please help me knowing what actually contract marriage is? Is contract marriage similar to normal hindu marriages?
Thank you for posting your query. Contract marriage is a marriage done with specific terms. Say for example a marriage done for a specific time i.e. 1 year or so and after that the marriage stands dissolved. This concept exists in Islam and is enumerated in their personal laws.
However there is no concept of contract marriage under the Hindu Law. Although over the years the concept of Hindu Marriage being a Sacrament has dissolved a bit, still it is far from being a contract. So a contract marriage is absolutely different from the normal Hindu Marriage.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can I proceed legally against my girlfriend who cheated
- Is it mandatory for respondent to be present in the court
- Appeal under Sec 340 CRPC r/w Sec 195 CRPC in DV Case
- What is the remedy in case of cheque bounce
- Builder took money to build house now refusing to pay back the money