what is a contract marriage?
Can you please help me knowing what actually contract marriage is? Is contract marriage similar to normal hindu marriages?
Thank you for posting your query. Contract marriage is a marriage done with specific terms. Say for example a marriage done for a specific time i.e. 1 year or so and after that the marriage stands dissolved. This concept exists in Islam and is enumerated in their personal laws.
However there is no concept of contract marriage under the Hindu Law. Although over the years the concept of Hindu Marriage being a Sacrament has dissolved a bit, still it is far from being a contract. So a contract marriage is absolutely different from the normal Hindu Marriage.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Stalker is ruining my public image affecting my job selection
- What is the procedure for divorce.
- Can father in law claim share in my husband's property
- Father's name required at time of admission if parents are divorced
- Can investigating officer change the final report of accident