What if accused do not lead the evidence?
I am charged under 138 N/I Act, but during trial my advocate did not lead the evidence and filed pursis without my knowledge... Now the case is in the upper court. Advise as to how important is to lead the evidence and how to defend if this question comes?
You have stated that 'now the case is in the upper court'. Have you been convicted by the lower court? If not, then how has the case marched to the upper court?
The entire case depends on the evidence. If no evidence was not lead in the lower court then there is a very remote possibility of the you getting a favorable outcome from the upper court.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the procedure to complaint against a cheater lawyer
- Is concealing an affair before marriage fraud
- How much time is sufficient for bail in IPC 395
- Can FIR u/s 498A be quashed in Husband's absence
- Not receiving rent since 5 months What action can be taken