what are the powers of magistrate
In case the Magistrate has ordered the Police to lodge FIR and is awaiting the final report, if even after a long time the final report has not been filed, can the magistrate take cognizance and proceed with recording statements of the witnesses?
When in a case the FIR has been registered and the police has not filed Charge sheet or Final report then the magistrate can pass an order for status report but can not take cognizance on complaint till the final report filed by the police. The magistrate have power to accept or reject the Final Report.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Car breakdown due to turbo failure within 6 days of purchase
- Father registered property in uncle's name can i claim it back
- Rights of wife on ancestors property of husband during divorce
- Can daughters claim in father's property even if he is alive?
- Is will on a plain paper a valid will