What are the licenses required to open a pizza outlet?
I want to open a small Pizza shop in Delhi. Should I take any license from government for this or not. . If yes then please tell me which licence and where should I go for licence. Should I take VAT number or any tax related number ?
Yes, you are required to obtain PAN number, Service tax number and VAT number. Apart from this you are required to procure following licenses:
1. Food safety license: This is obtained by FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India). Check out the website of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and you can find the link to FSSAI (http://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/UserLogin/Login.aspx)
2. Eating house license: This is provided by Licensing Police Commissioner of that city. In case you open a restaurant in Delhi, you need to go to the site of Licensing Police Commissioner of Delhi.
3. Liquor license: In case your restaurant is to serve liquor, you must have this license. This can be obtained from local Excise Commissioner .
4. Fire Department: You have to ensure the compliance of all the fire safety guidelines. This has to be done before submitting the application, for obtaining a NOC, to the Chief Fire Officer. You can also contact the Chief Fire Officer in case there is a delay in carrying out the inspection or issue of fire safety guidelines, or issue of NOC after the inspection has been carried out etc. The department does not levy any charges for this job for the time being.
5. Music license: For playing recorded music or video in your restaurant, you need to obtain this license Phonographic Performance Ltd. (PPL).
6. Insurance: You can consult any insurance company for these insurances:
a. Public Liability
b. Product Liability
c. Fire Policy
d. Building & Asset
7. Shops and Establishment Act: You are required to register your restaurant under the Shops and Establishment Act.
8. Prevention of Food and Adulteration (PFA) Act, 1954: The PFA Act covers food standards, general procedures for sampling, analysis of food, powers of authorized officers, nature of penalties and other parameters related to food. It protects India against impure, unsafe, and fraudulently labelled foods.
9. Signage license: You will be required to obtain this license from local civil authorities.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wife filed false case of domestic violence and accusing me impotent
- How can a person defend himself from case filed against him?
- my wife is blackmailing that she files a dowry harassment case
- Is there any way to find out if a person left a Will or not?
- How can we get partition of our agricultural land in our village