quesWhat are the legal formalities to register the land with the building.

I am in chennai and my father wants to transfer his property to my brother & me (only two sons). What will be the legal formalities to register the land with the building, in our names separately. 


  • ans

    We suggest that your father should draft a Will thereby dividing the property equally among the you and your brother. This Will will come into existence only after the death. 

    After his death on the basis of the Will you can get the property mutated.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

one borrower borrowed loan.when getting loan he was sound in mind and healthy. now he…
I want Domicile or bonafied certifiate of Rajasthan Goverment for addmission in Rajasthan my father…
What can I write if someone signed in 20 rs bond paper and green sheet

can an affidavit be Cancelled?

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Anuj Aggarwal

  Model Town, Phase 3
 Experience: 13 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Srishti Saxena

  Guru Apartments, Dwarka
 Experience: 6 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly