quesWhat are the legal formalities to register the land with the building.

I am in chennai and my father wants to transfer his property to my brother & me (only two sons). What will be the legal formalities to register the land with the building, in our names separately. 

• ansWe suggest that your father should draft a Will thereby dividing the property equally among the you and your brother. This Will will come into existence only after the death. 

After his death on the basis of the Will you can get the property mutated.