What are the duties and functions of an assistant advocate general?
What are the duties and functions of an assistant advocate general of Punjab and Haryana High court?
An Additional Advocate General or an Assistant Advocate General shall perform such functions and duties as may be assigned to him, and in the performance of such functions and duties, he shall be subject to the general supervision and control of the Advocate General and the Government.
Under Legal Practitioners and Bar Councils Act, 1973, the Advocate General is the Chairman of the Punjab Bar Council.
The functions of the Council are:
1 .To appoint advocates
2. To entertain and determine cases of misconduct
3 .To safeguard the rights of advocates
4. To suggest law reforms
5 .To conduct the election of its members
6. To arrange free legal aid to the indigent litigants
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- If I leave my parents home can they disown me from their property
- my photos being used on facebook illegally
- How to claim husbands property after his death
- Departmental action initiated in two different ways on same complaint
- Person attacked me what action should I take now?