What are the duties and functions of an assistant advocate general?
What are the duties and functions of an assistant advocate general of Punjab and Haryana High court?
An Additional Advocate General or an Assistant Advocate General shall perform such functions and duties as may be assigned to him, and in the performance of such functions and duties, he shall be subject to the general supervision and control of the Advocate General and the Government.
Under Legal Practitioners and Bar Councils Act, 1973, the Advocate General is the Chairman of the Punjab Bar Council.
The functions of the Council are:
1 .To appoint advocates
2. To entertain and determine cases of misconduct
3 .To safeguard the rights of advocates
4. To suggest law reforms
5 .To conduct the election of its members
6. To arrange free legal aid to the indigent litigants
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Can I get court affidavit for marriage certificate
- what to do if husband is not replying and husband not giving divorce
- Step mom selling late father's land w/o giving us share. What to do?
- Parents divorced can I claim my expenses from my father
- Company asking to pay compensation for leaving the job?