What are the duties and functions of an assistant advocate general?
What are the duties and functions of an assistant advocate general of Punjab and Haryana High court?
An Additional Advocate General or an Assistant Advocate General shall perform such functions and duties as may be assigned to him, and in the performance of such functions and duties, he shall be subject to the general supervision and control of the Advocate General and the Government.
Under Legal Practitioners and Bar Councils Act, 1973, the Advocate General is the Chairman of the Punjab Bar Council.
The functions of the Council are:
1 .To appoint advocates
2. To entertain and determine cases of misconduct
3 .To safeguard the rights of advocates
4. To suggest law reforms
5 .To conduct the election of its members
6. To arrange free legal aid to the indigent litigants
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to check land status whether residential, commercial or mixed use?
- Is it posssible to file 498A case after filing for divorce
- Want to file for a divorce against husband
- Is changing a password of someone in prank a cyber crime.
- Unfair punishment by CO what to do