Validity of the demand draft
I have given some money to a person by taking his thumb impression and signature on "on demand draft" paper. How many days it has validity? I have mentioned that for one month and at the interest 2% in that paper. What can I do if that person will not give money back to me?
How was money advanced by cash or cheque? What are the contents of the paper? Have you obtained his signature on blank documents?
If he does not return the money along with interest then file a case for recovery of the amount due.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- On what grounds a divorce petition can be filed
- What legal action can i take if fraud cheque bounce case is filed.
- Land Acquired by BDA granted compensation but did not claimed
- Government imposed laws on students.
- Different Date of Birth in documents how to correct