quesValidation of FIR

Does any case has validity period? I mean a victim can file FIR against accused after years. For example the incident happened in 2000, on that situation didn't demand to file FIR against accused or not in a situation to file a complaint but that incident still running in his min. Can he file FIR now? The incident could be Dowry case/ Land dispute/ Fraudulent cases/ Physical humiliation.

• ansShe may file the case for dowry and harassment even now but she will have to offer explanation for filing it belatedly.