×

quesUncle got property papers signed by grandfather who is mentally ill

Sir my uncle has taken loan. On our ancestor property. But MA grandpa had signed... The loan papers.... As he is mentally retarded........ From last two to three years......... My uncle took advantage of that and he has made him sign... Is there anyway to get back my ancestors property....

• ansYes of course the property can be got back but do you have your grandfathers medical reports.property snatched on unsoundness of mind can prove all the papers null and void and ur property can be got back under the contract act we can solve things out.

Advocate Sonia Rajesh

Banaswadi, Bangalore

• ansUnder the provisions of the Indian contract act any agreement executed by a person of unsound mind is void ab initio. A suit for declaration will have to be filed to declare the contract null and void.

Advocate Amit Mandgi

Kumara Krupa Road, High Grounds, Bangalore