×

quesUnauthorized cutting of trees in residential area.

Is Unauthorised cutting of thick branches of Ashoka trees in a housing society's premises a Cognigible or non cognigible offence under IPC ? The local police station in Mumbai has registered only NC, inspite of complaint on police control room tel no.100 and submitting all the evidence at the police station and to the tree officer at the ward office. Tree Officer at local Ward office of Municipality is not taking any further action. What should be the future course of action?

• ansFile a complaint under CrPC 200, in the court of judicial magistrate.