×

questransfer of property- by paying the amount of the share

We have a rented office. ..under the old pagri system. My brother wants his share but I dont want to sell it. my brother migrated to other state 7 years back ..if I pay him his share what documents should be signed by him to safeguard the interest of rights of my family

• ansWhat your brother can do is execute and register a Sale Deed in your favor conveying title of his share of the property to your name, but this will attract more stamp duty, He can also execute and register a Gift Deed or Settlement Deed by conveying the title of his share of the said property to you.

This procedure will account to less amount of stamp duties and only some of it will be charged in such cases.