transfer of property- by paying the amount of the share
We have a rented office. ..under the old pagri system. My brother wants his share but I dont want to sell it. my brother migrated to other state 7 years back ..if I pay him his share what documents should be signed by him to safeguard the interest of rights of my family
What your brother can do is execute and register a Sale Deed in your favor conveying title of his share of the property to your name, but this will attract more stamp duty, He can also execute and register a Gift Deed or Settlement Deed by conveying the title of his share of the said property to you.
This procedure will account to less amount of stamp duties and only some of it will be charged in such cases.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- duties of child to foster father while buying his property
- How to prove verbal/emotional abuse by husband and his family
- lied and getting mentally torture by my wife. What can i do?
- Started live in relationship with a cousin. Now he kicked us out.
- Husband is abusive and demands dowry what action can i take