quessigned contract with employer

I am an Electronic Design Professional and I stay in Bangalore. I have around 10 years of working experience. An Indian company wanted to send me to the USA. There were three rounds of telephonic interviews which I cracked and slowly got interested in this opportunity. One day they called me to their office and made me sign two contracts (one for US and one for India). The Indian contract imposes a 6 lakhs rupees obligation, if I refuse to travel to USA. I was in a dilemma to sign them or not but it was told that, it had to be signed immediately to start on the Visa processing. I was also given a US offer letter where they had compromised with my US salary too. Was a bit carried away at that point of time and signed the contracts. Later, as I thought back, I am not really interested to get into an employment with this consultancy. What can I do now ? Is there a way to get a waiver from this ? Their expense for Visa would be at max ~3000USD . And even after making request, they didn't provide me a copy of the employment contract

  • ans it is necessary to go through the contracts signed by you to advice . 2) send email to them requesting the company to furnish you copy of employment contract signed by you for your record 3) also inform the company that you would be unable to travel to USA unless copy of the contract is forwarded to you . 4) on obtaining copy of the said contracts consult a local lawyer

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

Respected Sir; Could you please update that 100 rupees stamp paper is valid in all…
change date of birth in 10th cbse marksheet

what is the procedure to open a hukkah bar

hello sir and mam i am i have passed out my ssc in the year…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Anuj Aggarwal

  Model Town, Phase 3
 Experience: 13 years

Advocate Richa Relhan

  Commonwealth Games Village
 Experience: 5 years

Advocate Atit Jain

 Experience: 7 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly