Rights of tenants over agricultural land
I have 7 acres of land at Maharashtra. Under lease this is cultivated by 4 farmers and give me paddy depending upon the yield for the past 50 years. I am selling this land to these farmers. I am told that I have to pay 50% of the sale proceedings to them and I get only 50% of the total sale amount. Which Indian law states this ??
It is on the lines of Bombay tenancy and agricultural land act prevailing in state of Maharashtra.
As farmers have been cultivators for 50 years so they are the protected tenants, in event of any sale of land tenants have first right for purchase. The price of land is fixed by Agricultural land tribunal.
This law is applicable in some states as this is a state subject.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Will my arrest in past in any way affect my current job
- Can we join central govt job after completing punishment period
- Builder not responding to my cancellation request what can I do
- sale agreement with industrial company without collectors permit
- What legal action can i take for being cheated by Partner