Responsibility of the seller of a car.
I sold my car 4 months back to a friend. He has paid me the amount agreed for the transaction but he has transferred the car in his name yet. I don't want to get in trouble if he meets up with an accident or any illegal issue with the car. What can i do so that i am no longer legally responsible for the car?
Was payment received by cash or cheque? RTO Form Number 29, 30 are considered Sale Transfer Forms. This needs to be signed by both Seller and Buyer with 2 Copies required. Send a letter to RTO where your car was registered informing them that you have sold the car and handed over original papers of car to purchaser.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Have two pan cards how can I discard the old one
- Wife not staying together nor giving divorce and sold properties
- Redevelopment of Coop Siciety
- How to get the ancestral property transferred on my name
- i and my friend give one person surety and i give two empty cheque