Registration of marriage with foreigner
I married an Canadian citizen in 2011 in Canada. I have a marriage certificate issued by the Canadian Authorities. I would like to register my marriage in India. I would like to know how can I register my marriage?
If you have a certificate of marriage issued by the Canadian Authorities then you need not register your marriage in India as this certificate would be sufficient. If you want to register your marriage in India you will have to get married as per The Foreign Marriage Act before the diplomatic or the consular officer appointed for such purpose.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the retirement of age of a principal in a School?
- Son's right over father's property brought through ancestral property
- Wife threatens me and my mother also ill treat with us what to do
- Non payment of assured return by builder nor paying any attention
- Sexual harassment by colleague after work hours