police not helping and not cooperating in investigation
What is the best way to deal with a situation in which the police is not forthcoming with the charges and is harassing the whole family and is not investigating properly ? Should we surrender the matter or file a complaint with another police station?
The most effective legal remedy would be to file a petition in the High Court in the exercise of its extra ordinary inherent power and seek a command for fair investigation. The HC may even hand over the probe to another investigating agency like CBI if it emerges that the investigation conducted so far has been lose and weak.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Supplied goods to a person. Now he is not paying for it.What can I do?
- Period for demand notice u/s 138 of N.I. Act
- Can I take action against family for grandfathers suicide
- No reply from RTI application what can I do
- Met with an accident 5 months rest can I ask for my salary