Pension of freedom fighters.
If a person was born on 01-07-1942 as per S.S.L.C records and he is getting pension under Swatantra Sainik Samman Pension Scheme-1980. His age was 5 years at the time of Independence. How to control this type of fake pensioners?
Any one misrepresenting himself to be a freedom fighter when he is not, commits the offence of cheating, and breach of trust and is accordingly liable to be prosecuted for the same. The pension drawn by any one on the basis of such misrepresentation is liable to be recovered along with interest/penalty. If such an offence has been committed by a single individual then you should file a complaint to the police against him.
If police fails to take any action then you may move to court and take out necessary proceedings for his prosecution. If this is a larger sinister racket which is operating for unjust enrichment by robbing the taxpayers' money then you may move the High Court for action against them, whereas if the racket is spread over different states then necessary proceedings can be initiated in the Supreme Court.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Grandfather and his sons died without dividing property. How to claim?
- Purchasing property from NRI what documents need to checked
- How can i take action against appeal in Delhi High Court
- Is it necessary for executive directors to be on board of directors
- My father performs black magic at home what to do ?