quesPension of freedom fighters.

If a person was born on 01-07-1942 as per S.S.L.C records and he is getting pension under Swatantra Sainik Samman Pension Scheme-1980. His age was 5 years at the time of Independence. How to control this type of fake pensioners?

• ansAny one misrepresenting himself to be a freedom fighter when he is not, commits the offence of cheating, and breach of trust and is accordingly liable to be prosecuted for the same. The pension drawn by any one on the basis of such misrepresentation is liable to be recovered along with interest/penalty. If such an offence has been committed by a single individual then you should file a complaint to the police against him.

If police fails to take any action then you may move to court and take out necessary proceedings for his prosecution. If this is a larger sinister racket which is operating for unjust enrichment by robbing the taxpayers' money then you may move the High Court for action against them, whereas if the racket is spread over different states then necessary proceedings can be initiated in the Supreme Court.